Transaction import problem

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Sun Jul 10 20:47:36 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 10:41 -0600, Perry Vickers wrote:
> I am experiencing a problem importing "qfx" transaction files into Gnucash.
>
> When I use the "import transactions" screen the file the "Generic import
> transaction matcher" screen remains blank.  Nothing appears there at all to
> review.
>
> If I start Gnucash from a command line and then try the import, the command
> shows this error:
> LibOFX ERROR: ofx_proc_file():No input file specified
> (Above message occured on Line 4294967295, Column 4294967295)
>
> My configuration:
> Running Suse Linux 9.3.  (New install, not upgraded from earlier release)
> My version of Gnucash was originally the one that came with the distribution.
> 1.8.9-8 (and libofx was 0.7.0-3).
> I have since tried to solve the problem by upgrading to Gnucash 1.8.9-15 and
> libofx-0.7.0-6.  However, I'm still getting the same import problem even with
> the newer versions.
>
> I am an experienced user of Gnucash having used it for almost two years now.
> (Running Gnucash 1.8.9-8 on my earlier Suse 9.2 install did not have this
> problem - I've imported transactions successfully many times.)
>
> Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I've just hit the same problem on my (upgraded) SuSE 9.3 - versions as
shipped with the distro:

LibOFX ERROR: ofx_proc_file():No input file specified
(Above message occured on Line 4294967295, Column 4294967295)

Googled for anything else I can find - no luck.

I'd appreciate any help on this...

Thanks,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support