command line (was Thanks GNUCash)

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 03:05:05 EDT 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 12:10 am, Neil Williams wrote:
> I expect to be able to use CashUtil with Pilot-QOF

Oops, I didn't quite mean that as it sounded. GnuCash will interface with
Pilot-QOF (because the CashUtil data still needs to be imported) - CashUtil
will *also* be able to use Pilot-QOF data, should the user want to do things
that way - e.g. Pilot-QOF is another CLI so CashUtil could be used in
situations where it is impractical to load the GUI to merge Pilot-QOF data
into an existing CashUtil book that is later imported as a whole.

> so that a sync with the
> PDA updates the CLI data - in a single event - usually once daily.

For those PDA users who want to HotSync every day, loading the Pilot-QOF data
into CashUtil may be preferable to loading GnuCash every time. In the medium
term, CashUtil could make a viable conduit for KPilot etc., so that it really
can be one HotSync to update the addressbook, calendar, tasks and finances
but that's only an idea at this stage. Evolution has a conduit via Gpilot,
Kontact via KPilot but AFAICT, none can process financial data from the Palm
in the one HotSync.

If anyone is willing to join in and make this work, I'm open to offers!
(The CLI code should be much easier to learn than the much larger codebase of
GnuCash).

--

Neil Williams