how to build dvi/ps/pdf of documentation?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 09:13:35 EDT 2005

On Sunday 17 July 2005 5:31 am, Tim Olsen wrote:
> Hi.  I'm looking to build a dvi or postscript or pdf of the concepts
> guide and help manual.

Use the docbook files in CVS.

http://cvs.gnucash.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnucash-docs/guide/C/
gnucash-guide.sgml

(simile help/C/gnucash-help.sgml)

If that's not in your gnucash-docs source package, get a later version from
CVS. (There are other changes as well as this).

http://www.gnucash.org/en/hacking.phtml
> I would like to build my own because the ones
> provided on the web site are for A4 paper, and I would like them on
> letter paper.

That's probably a locale thing (UK) - I didn't give that option explicitly
when the PDF was generated.

> Anyone know how to compile a dvi/ps/pdf of the docs?

docbook2pdf gnucash-guide.sgml
http://packages.debian.org/stable/text/docbook-utils

I don't know if it's available for other distributions but the current CVS
help and guide content does have valid DocBook content, specifically to
generate PDF.

Other docbook tools can convert to single or chunked HTML, DVI, PS or other
formats.

--

Neil Williams