Paths.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Jul 23 03:54:17 EDT 2005

On Saturday 23 July 2005 8:26 am, Katipo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Debian SID.

> In creating icons, which is something I haven't had to do before, I'm
> finding it a little difficult to establish what path I should enter into
> the icon config. so that it's capable of calling up GnuCash.

There's nothing special in the path required for the icon - if you can start
an application from the command line, that path will work in the icon.

For GnuCash, you could use 'gnucash' or 'usr/bin/gnucash'

Hasn't this been installed into the Debian menu by apt?

> The only
> applicable files I can find are in /var/ which isn't really applicable.

?? Most executable files installed via apt go into /usr/bin.

I'm not running Gnome at the moment, if you still get problems I'll look into
it.

--

Neil Williams