How to realign my checing account ?

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Thu Jun 30 12:44:46 EDT 2005

I am assuming that the bank balance at the time (June 16) did not
reflect outstanding checks or charges that subsequently have come in? In
that case, you probably could just adjust that opening equity
transaction to balance it again. Then once you've reconciled a
statement, you should be good to go forward.

Perhaps though it would be better to actually recreate the whole month
of june by entering those prior transactions from the first of the
month. A little more work, but probably better accounting practice.