Schedule Bills?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed May 18 09:15:24 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 13:58, matt at mattbostock.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started using GnuCash yesterday, have little accouting experience
> but it's a brilliant program and I've picked it up very quickly.
>
> A quick question - is it possible to automate bills from vendors, for
> recurring payments? So if I have a vendor who wants me to pay him
> $50/month, could I automate that?

Hi Matt,

Are you talking about using the Business-> Vendors menu?  If so, then there is
presently no way to automate those bills.

However, if you are not using the business features, then the "Scheduled
Transaction" (often called SX on this list) system will be of use to you.

You'll find it under the "actions" menu, or if you have an existing
transaction you want to repeat, just select it, and press the "Schedule"
toolbar button.

HTH,
Maf.