gnucash & OS X 10.4

James Smith jd.smith at earthlink.net
Mon May 23 07:13:11 EDT 2005

Spent the entire weekend trying to build gnucash for a new install of
OS X 10.4.  I got all the way to building gnucash itself, when it
bombs with the following error:

checking for main in -lgal... no
configure: error: gal library not found. See the README and
config.log for more info.
### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.1.BhMbWQ failed, exit code 1
Removing build lock...
dpkg -r fink-buildlock-gnucash-1.8.11-20
(Reading database ... 38594 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fink-buildlock-gnucash-1.8.11-20 ...
Failed: phase compiling: gnucash-1.8.11-20 failed

Where might I find the config.log to provide more information?  Or
has anybody else run into this problem?  So close, yet so far! :P