Failing automake when trying to build version from CVS

Tor Harald Thorland linux at strigen.com
Wed Oct 5 03:30:02 EDT 2005

Neil Williams wrote:

>> | OK, ill see if i can find any list for some help on that.
>>
>> I meant the gnucash-devel list - this list.
>>
>> | An example. When i put libgwrapguile-dev for install, synaptics tells me
>> | it will remove g-wrap & libgwrap-runtime0-dev and it will install
>> | libgwrapguile 1 in addition to the libgwrapguile-dev.
>>
>> That's OK. You should have g-wrap 1.9 available.
>> ii  g-wrap    1.9.6-3         scripting interface generator for C
>>
>> Install libgwrap-runtime0-dev and it's dependencies and g-wrap >= 1.9.
>>
>> | I want to run gnucash and use it for my "private company", at the same
>> | time i was hoping to translate some to Norwegian when I was using the
>> | program. I'm not a pro translator, but I saw that 20 percent or
>> | something was translated, and that was back in 2002.
>> | I't is really not a big thing for me but Ill like to contribute for the
>> | "free software".
>>
>> You should be OK to build with those packages. You may well find
>> problems with the GOffice code / GSF and others later on. I've got
>> out-of-tree changes that bring gnucash into line with the updated
>> releases of the GSF dev packages.
>>
>> | So you mean that i could translate without the build.. but how can I see
>> | the changes, I'll then have to wait for the next release or is there
>> | some nightly builds or something similar availiable?
>>
>> Good point. You can edit the translation but testing it will need the
>> build.

OK, I now tryed with a fresh install of ubuntu, and installed the
packages wich it asked for. Now i'm stuck at the gtkhtml packages. (when
running the autogen script)
The package is installed but it can't find it. I'll just think I will
wait a month or two, to get some upgraded packages/lib's. (Since this is
ubuntu 5.10, it will not be released before 13 oct.

But, is it possible for someone else on this list to make a norwegian
(no) translation file, and send it to me. ?
Is it then possible for me in a moth or so to send it somewhere to make
the changes included? (for the next build ofcourse).

If i'm correct in some of these, please send me a couple of words on how
to do this.

I'm working as a seaman and will be on work for a couple of weeks,and
that is a nice place to do some translation.
Is it also possible for me to edit the already created glossary file
(wich i got from the CVS?)

THT