commas in numbers?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 9 15:12:10 EDT 2005

On Oct 9, 2005, at 12:30 AM, Steve Drach wrote:

> I switched from 1.8.10 on Debian Linux to 1.8.11 on Mac OS/X and I
> noticed the numbers don't have commas in them (i.e. $1000.00
> instead of $1,000.00).  I've searched everywhere for an option or
> preference to fix this.  Is there a way to do this?  I'm sure I'm
> not the only one bothered by this.

It's a locale issue. Something like OSX is by default utf8 aware, but
gnome1 isn't, so when gnucash gets launched, something about monetary
units gets lost or forgotten. I had this fixed once, but either my
Tiger upgrade or my machine upgrade unfixed it.

export LC_MONETARY=en_US
or
setenv LC_MONETARY en_US
depending on your shell.

I just tried it and my commas came back.

Dave