GNUCash on Mandriva 2006 - Get Quotes don't work - A Fix

John Noller john at tenton.com.au
Fri Oct 14 04:00:35 EDT 2005

After install GNUCash from the Mandriva 2006 DVD and running the
update-finance-quote scripts (which installs the required Perl modules
to allow
the Get Quotes functionality to working). I got the error :-

"There was a system error while retrieving the price quotes"

To Fix the problem you need to also install the Perl module CGI. this
can be
done by running the following command as root:

>cpan CGI

In the process of investigating this problem I also discovered you need
to use
gcc Ver 2.96 (rather than 4.0.1, which is install as the default) to
compile
GNUCash from source.

Hope this helps someone!