Generic Import Transaction Matcher empty

rwshep2000.3129421 at bloglines.com rwshep2000.3129421 at bloglines.com
Tue Oct 18 08:17:22 EDT 2005

Hi Des,

Thank you very much for this piece of information.

I downloaded
what I believe was your RPM from rpm.pbone.net.  Is yours:

ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-crauch/10.0/RPMS/i686/gnucash-1.8.11-1.i686.rpm

When I installed it, everything seemed to be OK, but I lost the menu option
for importing QFX/OFX files from the menu!

Any help you could give would
be appreciated.  If this is your RPM, I guess my next step would be to try
compiling my own.

Thanks,

Bob Shepherd

--- Des Dougan <des at douganconsulting.com
On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 13:11 +0000, rwshep2000.3129421 at bloglines.com

> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > GnuCash 1.8.9 on Suse Linux 10.0. I recently
upgraded to Suse 10, and
> > this is my first attempt to import a QFX.
>

> > I have succesfully imported my
> > bank's QFX files for a long time
now.  Today, when I tried to import, the
> > Import Trx Matcher was empty,
showing no transactions.

> > To see if the file
> > was OK and could
parse, I ran ofxdump and it displayed my data.

> > Any idea
> > what
is wrong?

> There is a bug of some sort in the SuSE RPM. I found the
same problem in
> SuSE 9.3 and it's still there in 10.0. I was able to resolve
it in 9.3
> by recompiling GnuCash. Unfortunately, though, I recently bought
a new
> PC which has an AMD x86_64 chipset, and I can't get it to work (see
the
> archives here for more, if you really need some painful reading).
>
> Note: I've run GnuCash with debug at 6 and it shows it finding the file

> OK.
>
> I reported this on SuSE's web site, but have had no feedback.
I found
> this past weekend a contributed 1.8.11 RPM for SuSE 10.0 at

rpm.pbone.net; unfortunately, there isn't an x86_64 one to try. I would

be interested if the 32-bit one solves the problem for you.

--

> Des Dougan, Principal
> Dougan Consulting Group
>
> Ph: 604-980-2848