F::Q issues [WAS: "System error while retrieving price quotes"]

Stewart V. Wright svwright.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 11:12:32 EDT 2005

G'day Oliver,

* Oliver D. Iberien <oliver-forward at charter.net> [051019 00:21]:
> I sent this earlier in the day... I ran the price quote update while logging
> at loglevel 4. The price quote retrieval still crapped out, but there was
> nothing in the log that was to my untrained eye intelligible as an error
> message. I have no clue what is going on, as there has been no change to my
> system since yesterday, the last time this worked.

I think this is something to do with the where Finance::Quote goes to
get it's information (GnuCash uses Finance::Quote which then access
some websites).

I've been trying to get currency prices since yesterday
unsuccessfully.

Do any of the F::Q authors have any thoughts???
(I guess David and Linus are still on the list somewhere?)

Cheers,

S.