scheduled transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 19 14:28:32 EDT 2005

Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> writes:

> In my 'checking account register' (*NOT* a report), where the SXes have
> been *generated* (eg the files have been run, generally by exiting and
> restarting GnuCash) and are shown, along with the running (future)
> balances, there is shown a 'projected minimum balance' in the header. I
> can't generate a screen shot right now (I am not at home where I have
> GnuCash installed).  This is what I mean.  I am NOT talking about any
> of the reports or anything like that.  Just the running future balances
> (I guess this is what you mean by 'post-dated transactions').  I'm
> guessing this is what the OP was looking for.  *I* find it a useful way
> of figuring out how much future 'free cash' I might have available,
> once I have paid for future expenses, taking into account anticipated
> future income (eg paychecks).

Yes, but you don't need SXes for this -- you only need to post-date
transactions.  E.g. you enter transactions dated in the future.  You
don't need to use SXes for this.

Ideally we'd have a report that would project the balances based on
SXes without actually requiring you to post the SX into the accounts.