Financial year handling

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Tue Oct 25 12:38:05 EDT 2005

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Adam Rosi-Kessel <adam at rosi-kessel.org>:
>
>> I would have to add to this list "Recurring invoices." I run a tiny
>> ISP and
>> at the end of the month have to manually go through each customer and
>> generate a new invoice for each customer, even though the monthly charges
>> don't change. It makes what should be a 1 minute automatic task into a
>> 1-2
>> hour. This is probably a subpart to #4 above (or the #4 could be made
>> more
>> general).
> Bug #95780 and bug #114421.

I understand that you're aware of most of the pressing needs for gnucash,
and I also appreciate all the work you've done so far. But that older bug is
now more than three years old. It seems to me that if you add up all the
time spent by people doing these sorts of repetitive tasks, and then you
value that time (say, at their effective billable rates for their day jobs),
there should be more than enough support (cash?) to get this stuff done.

There was a "call for help" a couple of years ago, right? And I guess that
didn't really result in any major sea changes for the gnucash development
overview? I'm just trying to figure out if there's anything we can other
than wait for new releases, and try to submit helpful bug reports as they arise.

Adam