Adding a Payroll calculator

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Fri Oct 28 13:48:57 EDT 2005

Please read the archives. This topic has come up several times.
Prevailing opinion is that this is not trivial. The dev's are heavily
into the g2 port right now so payroll is a ways away at best. And I
think most of the dev's are opposed to working on payroll due to the
VAST amount of regulatory systems out there and the huge amount of
maintenance it would require.

The best solutions so far seem to be a variety of spreadsheets and
scripts (I use a OO.o spreadsheet myself) that export to a .qif file for
importing into gnucash.

Having said that, I think there are a lot of folks who'd like a
reasonable payroll calculator and if you were to jump into it, we'd all
be pulling for you and happy to test etc. There are a few folks who
could probably even contribute to a coding effort.

-A