Price editor frustrations

Bradford R. Bowman bowman at mazirian.com
Wed Sep 21 00:04:50 EDT 2005

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with some problems I am
having with the price editor and mutual fund type accounts.

On 9/17 I entered a buy of 109.088 shares in a mutual fund type account
at the price of $79.6916/share.  After doing so the main accounts window
and any reports I generated reflected the correct total value of my
shares in the fund.

By 9/20 the share price in this fund had changed to $79.3235, so I
opened the price editor and entered the new price. (I have to manually
set the price for this fund).

Also on 9/20, I entered a new purchase of 0.9697 shares at the new price
of $79.3235.

As a result of the second purchase, I should now own 110.0577 shares in
the fund, for a total current value of $8730.05.

Now here is the problem:

The "Total(Report)" column in the main accounts window shows a value of
$0 for this fund.  However, if I run an account summary report, it will
display a value for the fund, though an incorrect one ($8770.32), but
only when using the "weighted source" setting for price source in the
report options.  If I use the "most recent" or "nearest in time"
settings, the value of the fund will be reported as $0.00.

So what am I doing wrong here? How can I correct this so that an
accurate value is displayed both in the accounts window and in any
reports I generate?

--
Bradford R. Bowman
GnuPG Public Key available at: