Gnucash on KDE

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 27 09:10:09 EDT 2005

Bob Alexander <bob at ngi.it> writes:

> Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
>> But it's worth the trouble.
>> Liz
>>

> Liz,
> I agree and will proceed.
>
> My worries wher only two:
>
> 1) I like to have the least number of packages possible installed on my
> system for a number of reasons (mant., sec., config., space etc.)

For /libraries/ this is an unneeded worry.  Having extra libraries
on your machine wont hurt anything (except use up space, but disk is
cheap).  If there were additional services that were required then
I might start agreeing with your concerns here.

> 2) My previous portable had a mixed Gnome2 and KDE 3.3 environment and
> sometimes I had the impression that some subsystems from the two
> environments kind of collided/competed :) to manage subsystems like
> device mounting, sounds etc etc.

True...  Except in the case of gnucash you don't need the FULL
environment, just the libraries.  ;)