Opening customer balances with new file

digger vermont dv_mlist at verizon.net
Mon Apr 17 14:54:20 EDT 2006

Hi derek,

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 13:43 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> You should use the "Close Book" API which will keep the old data
> around so you shouldn't have to re-enter it.   Note, however, that

The reason I'm starting over from scratch is possible corruption due to
early G2 from SVN.  If I use the "Close Books" method is there any
chance of the corruption following along or will it clean it up if
needed?  It would certainly be easier than re-entering.

> this functionality has not been well-tested.   OTOH, you shouldn't
> be using G2/SVN/1.9x for real data, so...  ;)

But G2 is so much nicer!

Awhile ago it seemed that the G2 format was incompatible with 1.8 so I
started using just G2.  I think I'll be okay.  I've been manually
backing up the directory to augment the gnucash backups before opening
the books on any given day.  My number of entries is not so great that
recovering from errors though a PITA is not that big a deal.

thanks

digger