error parsing file

Thomas C. Hicks, MD paradox at pobox.com
Mon Apr 17 16:19:23 EDT 2006

For completeness I will post how this problem was resolved to the whole
list:

I opened the data file with vim.  Did a search for the date string with:

/date>19

I have vim set to automatically find my search string and highlight it so it
jumped to a date entry which was 1901.  I copied the data file to back it up
then edited that date to be 2001.  Voila, everything is running fine now.

Thanks Derek for the help in this!

tom

On 4/17/06, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hmm..  I wonder if you have a bogus date in your data file.
> Open your data file in your favorite editor (vi, emacs, etc)
> and search for "1969" and "1970".  All dates must be after
> Jan 1, 1970.  GnuCash cannot handle dates prior to that.
>
> -derek
>
> "Thomas C. Hicks, MD" <paradox at pobox.com> writes:
>
> > As I said, a newbie, should have thought of that before.
> >
> > The output in Xterm is as follows:
> >
> > **CRITICAL **: file gnc-transaction-xml-v2.c: line 443
> > (set_tran_date):assertion `tm' failed
> >
> > Again,  all assistance is appreciated.
> >
> > tom
> >
> > Derek Atkins wrote:
> >
> >>hi,
> >>
> >>We need more information.  In particular, what does gnucash
> >>print out on your gnome-terminal/xterm when it sees this
> >>problem in your data file?
> >>
> >>-derek

> --

SDG,