Income statement

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 20 11:04:51 EST 2006

Quoting Fred Krogh <fkrogh at mathalacarte.com>:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Quoting Fred Krogh <fkrogh at mathalacarte.com>:
>>
>>> My income statement shows $0.00 for one of my income accounts.  That
>>> income was entered into the accounting as part of a split transaction.
>>> Is this a bug or a feature, or perhaps more likely I've messed up?
>>> Including my email in a response would be appreciated as I'm not
>>> subscribed to this list.  Thsnks,
>>> Fred
>>
>> More likely you've messed up.  The report handles split transactions
>> just fine.  Check the date of the transaction, compared to the date
>> of the report.
> I don't doubt that I messed up, but not with the date as it is right in
> the middle of the range of the report.  I have 3 entries appearing with
> the same date all indicating a split transaction.  If I click on split
> for any of them they each show 4 transactions, 3 of which match up with
> the amounts with no split clicked on.  The other transaction only
> appears when split is clicked on.  The date here is 08/29/06 which is
> long enough ago that I don't recall how I got this into the state it is
> in.  Thanks,
> Fred

Well, keep in mind that a collapsed register only shows you every
Split, not unique transactions.  So if you have a transaction with
multiple splits into the same account, that transaction will appear
multiple times when you view that account register.

I'd have to see a screen shot of the register and the report to better
understand your exact situation, but I suspect that you're seeing
one transation multiple times but the report is only showing it to
you once, because it IS only one transaction)..   Or perhaps you have
the split transaction entered incorrectly?  I'd have to see it to
be sure.