marked transactions and reconcile windows

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 20 12:25:31 EST 2006

Hi,

Please make sure you CC gnucash-user on all your replies....

Quoting "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br>:

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:20:55 -0500
> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
>> Well, the 'm' is a translation, and I don't know what the
>> translation means, I'm afraid.
>
> Does anyone know what this 'm' stands for?

Okay, from po/pl_BR.po:

msgid "not cleared:n"
msgstr "not cleared:n"

msgid "cleared:c"
msgstr "cleared:m"

msgid "reconciled:y"
msgstr "reconciled:r"

msgid "frozen:f"
msgstr "frozen:g"

msgid "void:v"
msgstr "void:v"

So, the "m" means "Cleared" (marcado).   This is what it's supposed
to do.

>> The Reconcile column has
>> three states (in English):
>>
>>    n - no
>>    c - cleared
>>    y - yes
>>
>> The OFX importer should convert from 'n' to 'c'.
>
> But it is not. After I finish importing , all transactions found in the bank
> ofx file are marked 'm' at the ledge.

That's exactly what it's supposed to be.

> Any ideas?

I don't understand what's wrong..  The Importer is behaving exactly
as it's supposed to be, marking the imported transactions as cleared.
Then you run the Reconcile dialog and they should automatically be
checked in the reconcile dialog.