Problems with Accounts Payable

Laurent Duperval lduperval at videotron.ca
Sat Feb 18 14:01:00 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:

> hi,

Hi,

10 minute round-trip reply. Dude!

> First, what version of gnucash?
> More inline...

1.8.11

> Quoting Laurent Duperval <lduperval at videotron.ca>:
>
>> I am trying to complete my end of year report, but something is
>> messed up. When I do my accounts payable aging report, I get a report
>> that there is a $0.11 discrepancy. I'm OK with that.
>

> Perhaps this is a rounding problem?  What are the dates you have
> set up on the report?

Yes, it's a rounding issue. The problem seems to be in bills where I
mark bills as having taxes included. But since it's only $0.11, it's
not a big deal.

>> However, when I do a Balance Sheet or Account Summary for last year,
>> it says that my liabilities are way more than that.
>

> Hmm....

Yeah, that's what I said. My accountant is a litle more worried...

>> Can anyone explain to me where discrepancy could be and how to track
>> it down? It's not obvious to me why this happened.
>

> I'd need to see more information than what you've provided in order
> to gander a guess.

I took a look at the AP account to see if anything was amiss. Most
transactions have a P or I type. However some have ? and they correspond
to Split Automatic Payment Forward. Could that be a problem?   How do
they appear?

I also noticed that when I start GC, I get a popup saying I have unpaid
bills dating to 2004. This is something pretty recent. Recently, I had
to go back and remove "Accumulate splits" from bills I had posted in the
past, because they messed up some reports.

Do I have  to do this for all my invoices? The way I decided to do this
was to use the transaction report to make sure everything ended up with
a grand total of 0 at the end of each month. This is what currently happens.

Is there any other way I can do this which might help me uncover this?

Prenez la parole en public en étant         Speak to an audience while being
moins nerveux et plus convaincant!         less nervous and more convincing!
Éveillez l'orateur en vous!                    Bring out the speaker in you!

Information: laurent at duperval.com   http://www.duperval.com   (514) 902-0186