QIF Files

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Thu Feb 23 16:08:24 EST 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:56:11 -0600
jack cowen <jackcowen at charter.net> wrote:

> I have not been able to access my MS Windows partition where I exported Qdata
> (Quicken 2006) files.  From my D drive (Linux partition) I insert the C drive
> path to the QIF folder, but cannot import the files to GnuCash.  I'm new to
> Linux and want to convert entirely if possible.  Please help.  Thank you.
> Jack Cowen aka jackcowen at charter.net

what is the path to your "c:" drive? Have you mounted the "c:" drive (probably /dev/hda)? There are a myriad of good linux tutorials on the web. try www.linux.org for starters.

you need to first mount the drive with something like

mount /dev/hda /mnt/windowsdrive

then your path to the quicken data will be something like/mnt/windowsdrive/Documents\ and\ Settings/...<More path here>.../mydata.qif