[Fwd: Re: blank register report]

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Feb 28 15:24:24 EST 2006

  Eric Beversluis <econophil at charter.net>,
  In a message on Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:03:12 -0500, wrote :

EB> Sorry--forgot to cc this to the list.

Here is a totally random thought:

You could display the report on your screen, use gimp to grab a screen
shot, *then* use gimp to black out the areas of 'sensitive' information
(any actual financial information).  Something like using gimp airbrush
or some such tool to hide this information, leaving the generic display
items for one of the developers to look at and say 'Aha!, this is what
is wrong... (bug #1234567)', and you can then get a useful and detailed
set of instructions on how to fix the problem.  That is, you can create a
screen shot like the one at this URL:

http://www.deepsoft.com/samplecheckregister.png

This is a perfectly normal bank account register, but with the actual
transactions airbrushed over to hide the information itself. One can
still see how the window was formatted, etc., which is probably all that
the developers need to spot a problem.