Cash vs Accrual Accounting and Cygwin/X

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 10 11:10:17 EST 2006

ben-gnucash at xig.net writes:

> 1.  Liz, I HUGELY appreciate learning that gnucash only does accrual
> accounting before we tried to figure out too hard how to make cash work.

Unfortunately there isn't a good way to handle "invoice" and "cash
accounting".  By definition, invoicing implies accrual..  We've had
some discussions earlier about this.

My original idea was to write a report that would discount unpaid
invoices and remove the transactions from the balance sheet and P&L
reports..  But that wouldn't put the transactions back in at the
right place.

The only other alternative is to chance the way invoices are posted
in Cash v. Accrual accounting methods....