Check printing

Simon Roberts thorpflyer at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 22:38:27 EST 2006

--- Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Quoting Simon Roberts <thorpflyer at yahoo.com>:
>
> > I want to print my own checks (cheques)...

> No, gnucash does not do this currently.
> You might be able to do it as a programmer.  Take a look at
> print-check.scm,
> print-check.c, and print-check.glade (filenames might be
> different)...
>
> I'll note that the whole check-printing infrastructure probably needs
> re-write...

Fair enough. Thanks. I found some rather old-looking software called
freecheck and a font called GnuMICR. If I can make this work, then your
info might be sufficient to patch the two together. I'll keep it on
file and see where it leads.

Many thanks,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz