Unable to select TXF categories for accounts

Lincoln A. Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Fri Jan 13 02:04:16 EST 2006

Hi,

I have gnucash 1.8.11 in stalled and running mostly just fine on a
gentoo linux system.

In Edit -> Tax Options when I select an account that is "Tax Related", I
want to be able to assign TXF categories. Unfortunately, the only thing
I see in the TXF Categories area is the following text:

        This is a dummy category and only shows up on the tax report,
        but is not exported.

It would appear that I am unable to select TXF categories for accounts.

Can anyone give me a hint as to what is going on, or how I might fix
this?  Is their a separate set of data that must be down loaded? If so,
from where, and where do I put it.

Much googling has yielded little help.

Thanks,

Lincoln