'Get online quotes' greyed out..

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Fri Jan 20 19:42:48 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 21:59 +0000, Jeremy Johnson wrote:

> But the checkbox to tell Gnucash that I want to
> automtically retrieve stock prices remains greyed out.

This means that for whatever reason gnucash can't see the F::Q install.
The problem sounds familiar.  I think its something to do with the Fink
version of gnucash looking for F::Q in one place (/sw ??) while the
update-finance-quote program installs it in another (/usr).  Check the
mailing list archives.

>  When I click 'Get quotes' in the price editor it says
> 'No accounts marked for quote retrieval' and when I
> run 'gnucash --add-price-quotes $HOME/gnucash.xac' I
> get the same message.

This is a red herring.  Fix the earlier problem and this should work.

David