installing/runnuing on Slackware 10.2

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 31 14:35:15 EST 2006

You will need several of the gnome version 1 libraries from older
versions of Slackware.  See:
http://rjmarq.org/gnucash.html
for additional instructions.  It is written for an older Slackware, but
still relevant for 10.0, and should be helpful for 10.2.  I have gnucash
running on both 10.0 and 10.2.  (Although the upgrade to 10.2 from 10.0
removed several necessary libraries; I manually restored them.)

In most instances, I found it easiest to install the binaries from
Slackware 8/9 as called for in the instructions rather than compiling
them from source.

Gnucash 2.0 should fix this dependency upon gnome 1.x.

Mark