Compiling Gnucash 2.0

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Tue Jul 11 00:50:47 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 13:30 +0930, Brian wrote:

> > > make[6]: Entering directory
> > > /home/brian/gnucash-2.0.0/lib/goffice-0.0.4/goffice/utils'
> > > glib-genmarshal --prefix=go_ --header go-marshalers.list >go-marshalers.h
> > > /bin/sh: glib-genmarshal: command not found
> >
> > glib-genmarshal comes with the glib2-devel package.  Do you have all
> > the devel packages installed?
> >
> > -chris
>
> Thanks for the advice. I updating glib2 and installing the devel package was
> needed to get past this problem. Now to the next
> step. Make is stalling further on. Sorry about the long post.

Chris didn't ask if you had glib2-devel installed.  He asked if you had
*all* the devel packages installed.  Please read the README.dependencies
file at the top level of the source tree.

David

P.S.  This time its gtk2-devel package you're missing, but this won't be
the last error you have unless you read the file I mentioned.