GnuCash 2.0.0 Builds and works under CentOS 4.3

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 12 14:34:04 EDT 2006

Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> writes:

> OK, I managed to build GnuCash 2.0.0 under CentOS 4.3.  The only thing
> I needed to install outside of some -devel packages on the distro CDs
> was g-wrap. I downloaded and installed the g-wrap and g-wrap-devel RPMs
>>From Fedora Core 4 -- they installed without complaint.

Nice.

> When I started it up, it was unhappy about some .gconf setup stuff -- I
> don't run GNome as my desktop, so I don't normally have the GNome
> support stuff up and running, etc.  It wasn't a major problem -- I just
> told it to install whatever it needed in .gconf and it did.  Otherwise
> it appears to work just fine.

Good...  :)
It means we did well keeping our dependencies in check.

> I saw that there is a gnucash.spec file in the 'packaging' directory.  I
> take it this spec file could be used to create a set of RPMs?  Is there
> any thing I need to do special to do this?

Well, you SHOULDN'T need to do anything, but as you noticed in your
other mail (which I'll reply to shortly) the SPEC file is
Fedora-specific.