Configure problem--Gnucash-docs & Makefile.in

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jul 15 00:37:13 EDT 2006

Quoting Leslie Katz <lesliek at ozemail.com.au>:

> In both the help and the guide directories, I had two directories,
> one called C and the other called c.

The gnucash-docs tarball has no directory named "help/c".  It DOES have
a directory named "help/C".  I have no idea where "help/c" came from
on your system unless your system did something strange during the
unpackaging.

> In each case, the C directory was empty, while the c directory was not.

That is not what's in the tarball.

> In each case, I deleted the empty C directory and then renamed the c
> directory C.
> After that, the configure, make and make install proceeded successfully.

That's because you returned the directory structure to the original
state that's in the tarball.