Configure problem--Gnucash-docs & Makefile.in

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 16 11:01:50 EDT 2006

Hi,

Leslie Katz <lesliek at ozemail.com.au> writes:

[snip]
> There's no reference in that material to any directory called "c", but I
> thought I should send it in anyway, as you asked for it.

Yep, that shows that it's not us.

>> Is this how you unpackaged the tarball?  On the
>> command line?
> I'm not sure that I didn't use the command line, but I assume I didn't,
> given my habits.

Ahh, well it's quite possible that your "GUI Unpacker" screwed it up
on your behalf.

>>   Or did you use some GUI application?
> I'm not sure that I right-clicked on the file and then selected Extract
> Here, but I assume I did, given my habits, so I tried that on the
> newly-downloaded tarball, having first deleted the folder produced by
> using the command line. There were no directories called c anywhere in
> extracted material.
>
> That seems to have exhausted the possibilities of gaining useful
> information from me, unless there's some file that was produced at the
> time which is still on my system.
>
> The only other comments I'd make are: first, that the two c directories
> weren't produced by anything I did knowingly at the time, since I
> wouldn't have any idea how to achieve that; and, secondly, that another
> poster said that someone else had also reported the presence of the the
> phantom c directories, though they were using a different filesystem
>>From me--vfat instead of ext2.

Yes, I was involved in that discussion, too.  The VFAT driver is not
fully case-preserving.  I still chalk this up to your unpacking
application.

You should change your habits and use real tools instead of the
flashy stuff that doesn't always work.   :-D