gnucash and Postgresql

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 17 10:04:34 EDT 2006

Mark Johnson <mrj001 at shaw.ca> writes:

> What is the form of this support?  It doesn't seem to be under active
> development.

email?  I dunno, I've never had a problem with it personally.
It looks like the user list is active (albeit low volume).  The
dev list had a bunch of spam, but that's been fixed recently.
Yes, the last commit was in December, 2005, but that could mean
that there's been no bugs.  The bug database and tracker all
report empty.

> The project is shown as still being in beta.  Suppose we run into a
> bug?  Will it get fixed?  Will we have to fix it ourselves?  Do we want
> to base a backend on beta software?  Do you feel it is sufficiently
> stable/debugged to be used despite that beta label?

Huh?  "shown as still being in beta"???  And you believe everything
you see on the Internet?  Their CVS commits list stopped working.
If you actually LOOKED at their CVS tree you'd notice that there
have been changes made as recently as six weeks ago (mid May?)

So, I would say that yes, it's still supported, and I feel the
"beta label" is just someone not going into SF to actually change
it.  The fact that it's "0.8.x" is irrelevant.  QOF, which we
depend on, is still 0.6!