Configure Error

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Jul 22 15:48:18 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 12:47 -0600, Jonathan Goldberg wrote:
> > How did you install glib?
> >
> The version supplied with my distribution was out of date.  I
> installed 2.12 from source.  I then downloaded the latest package
> (2.10.3) from Slackware and installed using its pkgtool.

Hmm.  Well, the error is that pkg-config is finding the 2.10 glib-2.0.pc
file, but glib-2.12 is being referenced "somewhere else".  I'm not quite
sure about how the PKG_CHECK_MODULES macro works.

You might try doing a `locate glib-2.0.pc` to make sure all of the
pkg-config... uh... config files are the ones you expect.

You might try re-building and `make -n install`ing glib-2.12 to get a
list of what files it installs where, so you can make sure they're all
eradicated, then re-install the glib-2.10 package.

You might trying finding a slackware support channel to get assistance
in.

> > What distro are you using?
> >
> Slackware 10.2

I guessed right. :(