Gnucash crashes on invoice search

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonet.ca
Sun Jul 23 21:37:28 EDT 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Please remember to CC the list on all replies....
>
> Quoting Cam Ellison <cam at ellisonet.ca>:
>
>> Derek Atkins wrote:
>>> What's printed on the terminal?
>>
>> Terminal freezes, and then I get the announcement that it has crashed,
>> and do I want to notify the developers, etc.
>
> Eh?  You have your gnome-terminal where you type "gnucash &" and
> it FREEZES?  Are you sure you don't have a hardware problem?  Or are
> you confused about what I meant by "terminal"?

In this case, yes.  I have KDE running, and just click on the icon.  Not
thinking.  "gnucash &" in a terminal starts it without comment, other
than the PID.

> I just tried this and it works fine for me.  I did <Menu> -> Business ->
> Customer -> Find Invoice and then I entered an InvoiceID# and clicked
> find and it worked just fine for me.

That's all I'm doing.

> So, unless you're not telling me
> everything you're doing I suggest you file this as a bug with Debian.

Sounds like a plan.  I did an upgrade yesterday, and so it is probably
something in a library that got changed.

Thanks, Derek

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, Ph.D. R.Psych. #1417