GnuCash 1.9.7 Error

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sun Jun 18 18:26:49 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 12:01 -0700, Jim Woodruff wrote:
>    I receive the following Error dialog box when trying to open a register
>    or general ledger with the 1.9.7-1 release on a DEC Alpha using Debian:

Very interesting.  The MacIntel version has a similar issue.  Works fine
until you open the register, according to reports here.

>    "The Application "gnucash" has quit
>    unexpectedly.
>    You can inform the developers of what happened to help them
>    fix it.  Or you can restart the application right now.
>    Restart Application             Close"

Is there an "Inform Developers" button?  That would start bug-buddy and
let you report the problem with a stack trace.  Alternatively, can you
start gdb and attach to the program before opening a register.  That
would also let you get a stack trace.

David