ANNOUNCE: Release of GnuCash 1.9.8 (Release Candidate)

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jrposting at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 15:43:34 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 18:38 -0600, Chris Lyttle wrote:
> The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 1.9.8 aka
> "Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash", the first release
> candidate
> of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead
> to the stable version 2.0.0.

I just wanted to point out that this has made it to Debian Sid and I was
able to install it to my Dapper box via Synaptic - but had to use
(thanks to Liz again):

sudo dpkg --force-overwrite
--install /var/cache/apt/archives/gnucash-common_1.9.8-1_all.deb

and

sudo dpkg --force-overwrite
--install /var/cache/apt/archives/gnucash_1.9.8-1_i386.deb

Regards

Jeff