Notes on Intel Mac Attempts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 15:37:27 EDT 2006

Overview:
Intel Mac OS X, Darwin 8.6.1 (OS X v 10.4.6)
GnuCash 1.9.8 from source taken yesterday via subversion
g-wrap-1.9.6

Okay, so I've taken some time to follow the suggestions offered here to try and
get GnuCash to run on an Intel Mac OS X. I am now trying to compile using
GnuCash-1.9.8, but it's not working yet. The problem lies in something called
libffi, which according to the configure in g-wrap-1.9.6 "has not been ported
to i686-apple-darwin8.6.1"

libffi leads (via Gogle) to GCC, where it appears in reference to GCC 3.x but
not with 4.x. I note that the wiki mentions GCC4 incompatibilities with regard
to g-wrap-1.3.4; however, g-wrap-1.9.6 does not compile under either version
for me.

So my question now is, where do I go to find out about getting a functional
libffi? Or is there some way to install GnuCash without libffi?

TIA,
David