1.9.8 Mortgage/Loan Druid

Jim Karcz jkarcz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 16:25:17 EDT 2006

I attempted to create a 30yr mortgage which I am about 2 years into. My
thought was I could just enter the previous 24 past transactions
automatically, then delete the old ones originally from my QIF import. I
entered the loan as a basic fixed interest rate with 360 payments
starting in 6/2004.  The druid presents a list of Principal and
Interest, P+I, calculations which appear to be within $0.01 here or
there.  Looks good so far.

When it comes time to enter the scheduled transactions, The P+I for the
first payment in 6/2004, seems to use the P+I for the next payment,
7/2006. This appears to be a bug in the scheduled transaction creation
from the Mortgage/Loan druid.

Thanks,
Jim