Stock sale splits

Todd W. ttop123 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 19 10:06:13 EST 2006

So, a "negative capital gain" -- yes, I understand that a capital
loss is the opposite of a gain.  The question is how do I represent
this in the transaction?  Since negative numbers don't get input, you
know.

The example from the guide that I mention below shows the
Income:Capital Gains profit in the "total sell" column, with a
balancing amount in the buy column attributed to Asset:Stock:SYMBOL.

For a loss, do I put the Expense:Capital Loss in the "total buy"
column and the balancing amount for Asset:Stock:SYMBOL in the in the
sell column?