gnucash file structure

Robert Ramsdell rcriii at ramsdells.net
Sun May 21 11:25:07 EDT 2006

*.xac are backups of your file.  The filename should encode the date of
the backup
*.log are log files that can be replayed to re-construct transactions
after a crash
gnucash_file is your actual data file (I presume).  You at least want to
back this up.
gnucash_file.LCK is the lock file to keep you from running multiple
instances of gnucash.  It should disappear when you close the program.

Really you only need to backup the one file.

Robert