Printing

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 25 10:15:10 EDT 2006

Edward Barrow <edward at copyweb.co.uk> writes:

> 1. Customising invoices and templates
> It doesn't seem to be entirely straightforward - from the manuals etc -
> to configure and set up gnu-cash to handle my business administration,
> including invoices. It does the financial side of things well, but the
> presentation side seems a bit clunky and I'd like to make it consistent
> with the other parts of my business in the use of fonts, logos etc.
>
> I know I can create custom invoices using the stylesheet editor, but
> there's a limited range of options and (assuming they are CSS
> stylesheets) I wondered if I could edit them directly with a text
> editor, and if so where are they located.

Nope, they are not CSS stylesheets.  Sorry.

We definitely need better templating for Invoices (and indeed other
reports) but at the moment nobody has put that into a high priority.

> Secondly, and this may not be the right forum, how can I get it to print
>  invoices to the network printer using CUPS?

gnucash calls out to gnome-print.  We don't control that, gp does.
You should be able to just call the CUPS "lpr" command...