gnucash 2 cannot import QIC file

Peter Eldorson drbjornberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 23:35:00 EST 2006

Richard, did you resolve this?

I had virtually identical trace notes to yours importing a Quicken 2005
version QIC file to Gnucash 1.8. Except it hung on the category
'Unrealized Capital Gain'.
Curious because I had no entry for this category. I discovered a series
of these categories that Quicken 2005 installs as  defaults. They cannot
be deleted in Quicken. Quicken flags them in the categories file list by
inserting a black 'dot' character in front of the category label.
I did a global 'find&replace' on the QIC text file deleting all dots.
Otherwise I left the categories and the file intact.
Gnucash then imported the whole file with absolutely no problem.

I'm using a PPC Mac OSX Tiger and will upgrade to Gnucash 2 when Fink
makes it easy.

Peter