advanced portfolio and liquidated stock accounts

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 17 21:52:03 EST 2006

Philippe A. wrote:

>I was hoping to use the advanced portfolio report to keep a detailed history
>of past and current investments. I am quite happy with the tracking of
>current investments, but not with that of past investments. When talking
>about "past investments", I refer more specifically to liquidated accounts.
>The only column displaying accurate information for those is their Value: 0.
>All other columns report information that's of no use because amounts are
>skewed quite radically: money in, return, etc. I was expecting the report to
>display all the numbers at the time of the liquidation. Isn't that a
>reasonable expectation?

I noticed when I ran this report that some of the numbers seem to
consolidate all instances of a particular security regardless of which
account it is held in (using version 2.0.1).  This is then reported as
though it belonged to a particular account.  Is this what you are seeing?

It's also possible that you may need to fiddle with the report options
as to how it obtains pricing information.

I'm afraid I haven't yet taken the time to search to see if it is a
known bug.  If it hasn't been reported yet, it needs to be.

Mark