ofx direct connect

Mark Horn mark at hornclan.com
Wed Nov 29 16:39:13 EST 2006

On 2006-11-09, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 09 November 2006 06:36, Jon Hamkins wrote:
>
>>  This is consistent with Money's
>> insistence that my banking data live on their servers if I want to do
>> OFX downloads.
>>

> Well, that makes me glad I've never used MSMoney.

Sorry for the divergence.  I'm only lurking here to see if I might
be swayed from MS Money to GnuCash.  FWIW, Money only insists on
putting banking data on their servers if the financial institution
does not directly support Money.  If you have to use Yodlee to get
to any of your transactions, then your data will be on the web.
If all of your financial institutions support OFX direct, then your
data will remain un-web-icized.

For a more thorough discussion:

http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=171
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=175