GnuCash crashes when importing QIF file

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 5 10:55:22 EDT 2006

For the record, I had a problem yesterday with a qif import at the
last step. I suspect this is not directly gnucash related but... at
the last step of the import, gnucash took all my cpu, which is normal
in my experience, but when it released the cpu, there was no response
from gnucash and my window manager (xfce4) was not really responsing
either. I had to switch to a vt and kill a bunch of stuff including my
x session to get control back.

like I said, probably not gnucash related, or maybe only tangentally,
but there it is.