A place for new bills...

r3al1tych3ck r3al1tych3ck at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 23:27:39 EDT 2006

Well, I was thinking that incoming bills would be similar to credit card
transactions; "You've bought it but haven't paid for it yet".  With
that, the bill would be an expense to an unpaid liability account.  When
paying those bills, it would come from "checking" to the liability
account.  Additionally, bills usually have late fees and beyond if you
are broke.  Under normal financial circumstances, I would imagine a
"Bill Enter/Reminder" module would work.  Of course, that gets
complicated if you go beyond the reminder.  That brings me back to a
manual entry method where you can add any fees as necessary.

I received another email about estimating scheduled transactions and
adjusting them at the time of payment.  I am not sure this would be any
better unless you have a secure cash flow...

I am still exploring here.  Thank you for the input.  I hope the
discussion keeps going (with maybe some more accountant type of advice?)