Crash

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jrposting at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 7 16:14:20 EDT 2006

Gnucash 2.0.0 is crashing with this error:

The program 'gnucash' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 73151 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

I've tried installing 2.0.1 from Debian Unstable, but there seems to be
something wrong with the depository. The Edgy packages want to upgrade
serious stuff like libc, which I don't want to do, and trying to compile
from source seems to require libguile-dev, which looks as though it will
break other stuff.

So, I'd like to get 2.0.0 working again (at least until the 26th, when
Edgy goes live).

Any ideas?

Jeff