Problems with SUSE 10.1 abd GNUCash 2.0.1

Tom Cada mtcada at attglobal.net
Mon Oct 9 22:06:41 EDT 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 14:51, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Tom Cada <mtcada at attglobal.net> writes:
> > I am attempting to install GNUCash 2.0.1 on a new install of SUSE 10.1
> > (not openSUSE).
> >
> > Everyting seemed to go OK. However, when installing the help
> > documentation (gnucash-docs-2.0.0) I could not get the help from the menu
> > item nor would the Contents (F1) work.
> >
> > I run gnucash from the console using the command
> >
> > gnucash --debug --level=6 \
> > --doc-path=/usr/local/share/gnome/help/gnucash/gnucash
> >
> > I know it looks strange but that's where the install placed to help data.
>
> I'm not sure that --doc-path does anything.  You should ./configure
> gnucash-docs into the same --prefix as gnucash.
>
> > I examining the file /tmp/gnucash.trace I found the following error:
> >
> >  Debug: gnc_gnome_help(): Attempting to opening help file
> > gnucash-guide.xml Error: gnc_gnome_help(): There was an error launching
> > the default action command associated with this location.
> >
> > I know that gnucash-guide.xml is in the path.
>
> I dont think it's passed to Yelp.
>
> > In addition, there is no reference to the OFX/QXF file types when I open
> > the import dialogue. The only import mentioned is the QIF file.
>
> Because you don't have libofx and you didn't --enable-ofx during
> configure?
>
> > Help!!!
> >
> > Tom.
>
> -derek

Thanks Derek.

I have moved on to version 2.0.2 and successfully compiled and installed it. I
had libOFX but didn't know that you had to pass a parameter to get it
included. So that is now working.

However, I am still having problems with the help files.

I downloaded gnucash-docs-2.0.1 and configured, compiled and installed the
help files but to no avail. The help info cannot be accessed from the help
menu.

I again ran gnucash with debug and loglevel 6 and found the following error in
the trace file:

Enter in gnc-hooks.c: gnc_hook_run()list hook_ui_post_startup, data (nil)
Enter in gnc-hooks.c: gnc_hook_lookup()name hook_ui_post_startup
Leave: gnc_hook_lookup()hook list 0x8154e98
Leave: gnc_hook_run()
Debug: gnc_gnome_help(): Attempting to opening help file gnucash-guide.xml
Error: gnc_gnome_help(): There was an error launching the default action
                             command associated with this location

In my system, all of the gnucash files are installed
in /usr/local/share/gnucash.
The help files are installed in /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gnucash
When configuring, I just accepted the default.

Tom.